We love cheese so much, we wear it on our heads...and name blogs after it

Saturday, December 26, 2009

If I Was To Start an MLB Team Today...









If I Was To Start a Team Today...

If I was given the task of selecting twenty-five players to make up a team for an expansion franchise, the following players would make up my list. The team is composed of 11 pitchers (five starters, five relievers, and a closer) and 14 position players (two catchers, six outfielders, and six infielders).

The deciding factors for my team are: talent (of course!), criteria for each position, longevity, durablility, reliability, "clutchness", and character.

Pitchers
SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: Roy Halladay
SP: Johan Santana
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Dan Haren
RP: Jeremy Affeldt
RP: Carlos Marmol
RP: Hideki Okajima
RP: Matt Guerrier
RP: Joe Nathan
CL: Jonathan Papelbon

Batters
C: Joe Mauer
C: Yadier Molina
OF: Ichiro
OF: Ryan Braun
OF: Matt Holliday
OF: Carl Crawford
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Grady Sizemore
IF: Derek Jeter
IF: Hanley Ramirez
IF: David Wright
IF: Albert Pujols
IF: Prince Fielder
IF: Chase Utley

**Remember, this is NOT a list of the best players currently in the MLB. It is made up of players that I would want if I was starting a team TODAY that would provide the franchise with many productive seasons.







1 comment:

  1. Personally I would choose Longoria at 3rd but besides that I agree with most of these.us

    ReplyDelete